Does bike taxi offer intra state services in India?
Public transportation in India is overcrowded owing to the huge population. Hence, there has always been a high demand for the new mobility options among the daily commuters in India. As a solution for the increasing demand for mobility options, many startups have come up with online cabs and bike rent apps. However, last-mile connectivity remained a problem as hiring cabs and rickshaws were inconvenient for travelling a short distance. Bike Taxis were introduced to solve the issues of last-mile and first-mile connectivity by offering faster and affordable rides for daily commuters.
What services does the bike taxis offer?
After the success of bike rent apps like Bounce and Vogo, the next wave of innovation in the mobility sector was the bike taxis. The rising traffic congestion levels on the roads has made bike taxis, need of the hour. Bike taxis work like any other taxi-booking apps. Users must download an app, to begin with, and sign up with their credentials following which they can select pick-up and destination points. Once done, you’ll get the details, that includes the name, photo, and the bike number of the driver assigned for you. Here are some features of bike taxis:
- Bike Taxi services are mainly suitable for intra-city travel. You can book a ride and travel to any part of your city.
- Bike Taxis are available in states that permit its use as a ‘taxi’. The startups like Rapido that offer such services operate in nearly 100 cities across the country.
- In total, about 14 States and Union Territories have currently issued Bike-Taxi Policies.
- Bike-taxi rides are much cheaper than a normal cab ride.
- It is a perfect alternative to wade through the city traffic.
- Some of the two-wheeler taxi startups even insures every ride you book, provided you fills the extra details to avail the same.
While cabs also offer intrastate rides, motorcycle cabs are more intended for daily commuters like the working public. The small size of the motorcycles and its capability to go through narrow roads helps bikes navigate any part of a city, without having to bother about the traffic. Thus, the congestion in the Indian cities owing to the rapid urbanization can be controlled by utilizing the services like these Bike taxis. The efficient means of transport not only helps people reach their destination in any parts of the city on time but also offers affordable fares and convenient rides. Bike taxis are popular in countries that face traffic congestion like Indonesia. Like its popularity there, it has a scope for growth in India as well. Considering the perks and growth potential of bike taxis, no wonder that startups are coming forward by offering motorcycle taxi services.