Finding A Great Hotel on Thailand’s West Coast
After a short stay in Bangkok, the vast majority of travellers visiting Thailand will head for one of the country’s famous resort islands to experience their winning combination of pure white sandy beaches and cool blue seas. But there are, of course, other holiday destinations to consider; you could head north and explore the rainforest around Chiang Mai or head for one of the less well-known resorts. Khao Lak on the west coast is one such area full of rugged natural beauty. It perfectly showcases Thailand’s native side and features some of the country’s best-unspoilt beaches and world-class Scuba diving in the protected marine parks. You can find a Khao Lak in Thailand hotel to suit all types of holidaymakers but is particularly suited to couples and families looking to recharge their batteries and enjoy their relaxing stay.
Getting To Khao Lak
Khao Lak sits on the west coast, facing out onto the Andaman Sea. It is reached easily from the capitol via a short internal flight into nearby Phuket’s international airport and a two-hour bus or taxi ride. If exploring the country, alternative options exist via road and rail from Bangkok, but these would obviously take you a good while longer.
Where To Stay
The Khao Lak area has no shortage of fantastic hotel options to choose from; most are conveniently located around the area’s superb beaches; amongst the best are the following –
- Merlin Khao Lak – is an award-winning luxury hotel in an amazing setting; it has excellent facilities and also has a great sustainability ethos.
- Grand Mercure Khao Lak – designed around floating canals, this fantastic resort has all the facilities and dining options one could wish for.
- The Haven Khao Lak – this beachside hotel has a contemporary design with tropical lagoons and a wealth of facilities for all to enjoy.
- Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa – this superb Boutique hotel is set in lush rainforest and features rooms decorated in traditional Thai designs; it is a perfect hideaway.
- Mai Khao Lak – this resort hotel is a fantastic option for families, with many facilities designed to provide the perfect family break.
These are just a few of the many excellent hotels in the Khao Lak area; further research will uncover the depth of choice available.
World Class Scuba Diving
The Khao Lak area is also a world-renowned Scuba diving destination due to the nearby Similan islands, which is one of two protected marine national parks. The stunning coral reefs feature Manta Rays, Leopard Sharks, and Hawksbill Turtles for those lucky enough to have a life-changing experience. The marine national parks are only open from October to March, so plan any visit with these dates in mind.
If you are planning to visit Thailand, choosing to stay in Khao Lak would be an excellent decision. Take a look today.